What would you get from the F.W.T. network ?
- moral " protection " for your project from the time the application is received by the International Secretary and during
the life of the project
- monitoring by the International Secretary with experts in various
subjects to assert that the F.W.T. keeps on complying with its mission
in all aspects.
- stimulation from the network of " Friends of the World Treasures
" who share the sames values and objectives and will enjoy exchanging
human and material resources.
F.W.T. IS AN EXTENSIVE CONCEPT OF CULTURAL HERITAGE
Which enlightens the meaning of a strong connection between:
- a particular element of the cultural heritage.
- a local consensus to support this element as a community property.
- a membership in the international network through which its specific role will be promoted and valued as a model.
The social consensus might come from the surrounding population or
a significant number of this population, usually an association fairly
represented. The point is that the preservation practice has to be
sustained in a FIRM AND CONTINUOUS WAY by an adequate number of people.
The chosen protected element is the landmark to pull together the
surrounding population. The involvement is primarily a personal one
more than a shared one : it acts as a social catalyst for the group.
This link reveals the importance of the " World Treasure " from a local
point of view and the potential international outreach for empathy and
This international dimension is very important as it allows the
sharing of experiences in establishing the requested strategy. Very
often in different countries similar problems are come across, mutual
advice can stimulate problem solving with the same spirit and geared to
the same goal: to preserve the Cultural Heritage.
The strength of the F.W.T. network chain depends on the reliability
of each and every link. But first of all, each " World Treasure " has
to gather the ethical and social conditions for a consensus to sustain
the project while taking advice from other operating projects.
To all the leaders and promoters (within or outside of the Unesco
clubs) F.W.T. network becomes an ethical reference and a special tool
to diffuse the Cultural Heritage promotion.